Re: [SpecGL] 1044 - Case of RFC2119 terms

At 04:08 PM 3/17/2005 -0500, Karl Dubost wrote:

>Le 14 mars 2005, à 05:25, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux a écrit :
>>To accommodate Lofton's remark - which makes sense to me-, we could say:
>>"They are usually" in stead of "they may be"
>
>Using RFC 2119 [RFC2119] Keywords (MUST, SHOULD, MAY, ...) makes it easy
>to spot conformance requirements; according to the RFC itself, they should
>be used only to establish interoperation [WIKI-RFC-KEYWORDS]. They are
>usually written with an uppercase formatting.

W3C Process Document uses bold instead of upper case, and I actually think
it is better (more obvious to spot).  Maybe we should say instead,  "They
are usually written with distinctive formatting, such as upper case or
bold."  (The rest is okay.)

What do you think?

-Lofton.