Re: Larger bundle of changes to ViS

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:06:28 +0200
To: david_marston@us.ibm.com
Cc: "'www-qa-wg@w3.org'" <www-qa-wg@w3.org>
Le jeudi 19 mai 2005 ŗ 23:57 -0400, david_marston@us.ibm.com a ťcrit :
> The following builds upon my prior proposals [1] to change the
> Variability in Specifications document [2] in accordance with our
> first-wave discussion on May 16th. This proposal is intended to get
> another draft out quickly. The next step after publishing another
> version would be to harmonize ViS and SpecGL.

I've (finally!) implemented the changes you proposed in the latest
Editors version of ViS:
http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2005/06/spec-variability.html (linked from WG
page)

I have still 2 issues with the document as it stands:
* there are no explanations as to how doing the specification
categorization helps doing a class of products analysis; given how
classes of product have raised controversy lately, it would be really
important to have a step by step CoP analysis I think
* the umbrella spec section still doesn't have any specific focus, as
far as I can tell; Karl took an action item on this back in May
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/16-qa-minutes.html#item05

We can discuss about this at our call today.