Re: "personal" questions on QA Spec GL

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:33:17 +0100
To: Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Le lundi 24 janvier 2005 ŗ 16:16 -0500, Tim Boland a ťcrit :
> (1) Is consideration given to non-W3C documents/specifications (from other
> accredited standards organizations)?  In particular, ATAG2.0 currently
> normatively references ISO16071..

I'm not sure what you mean by "giving consideration" in this context.
Could you clarify?

> (2) Is the concept of a CSS3 Module (which isn't entirely like some other
> W3C specifications) fully included? In particular, CSS3 Modules have
> specific sections titled
> "Dependencies With Other CSS3 Modules" near the beginnings of the documents..

This would fall under requirement 4.1 B, which has as specific
"Is the subdivision dependent upon other subdivisions (that is, if it is
implemented must others also be implemented)?"

> (3) Is it recommended to mention in a specification the activity(ies) that
> the specification is under, as well as which WG(s) created the specification?
> For example, CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders Module mentions that "document is
> produced by CSS WG, part of the Style Activity "(with a link to that
> activity, so that the reader has an overall context for accessing the
> document)..

This already defined as part of the publication rules

> (4) Are alternative ways of technology implementation addressed? For
> example, for rendering of very simple math, one might consider using CSS if
> one doesn't have MathML installed, but if one wants more robust/complete
> math rendering,
> get and implement MathML..

I don't think we address this; what do you think should be said on this