Re: QA concerns re: CSS3 conformance

Le 22 févr. 2005, à 12:53, Tim Boland a écrit :
> If it's OK, are there any other QA-CSS issues I should pursue, and did
> I capture this issue correctly?

Yes Tim do so please. Other QA WG members can add/remove some of my
questions.

* Questions:

For CSS 2.1
	- Do they plan to have deprecated features or changes of semantics
between CSS 2.0 and CSS 2.1? How this will impact implementations
without versioning information?

For CSS 3.0

	- What CSS 3.0 means? It seems a strange question but not that
strange. People are used to refer to the number of a technology because
it helps to identify what's inside the technology and what MUST be
supported by the application.
	- What is a CSS 3.0 Module? Can it stand by its own? if yes it means
it has its own conformance model and it should be possible to implement
completely a simple module without any kind of external requirements.
(It means basically that a module should be able to follow completely
QA Specification Guidelines)
	- What is a CSS 3.0 Profile? How does it work? Does it have a
conformance model?
	- What are the classes of products that "CSS 3.0" is addressing?
	- Are there rules to define profiles in "CSS 3.0"? (I understood there
will not be a desktop browser profile, but I guess more than one vendor
will be interested to implement "CSS 3.0", then what it will mean?)
	- How a "CSS 3.0" Validator knows that the written stylesheet has been
written for a particular profile, and then gives the possibility to
validate it.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***