Test case metadata: Purpose and Description

From: Patrick Curran <Patrick.Curran@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:36:09 -0700
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

While finishing up the test case metadata document I find that I'm still confused between Description and Purpose. I think we agreed that one would be a "one liner" (suitable for inclusion in a table) while the other would be longer.

Lofton and I have different recollections of which was which. I propose that Description be short and Purpose longer, but I'm open to other points of view.

Do people care? Would anyone like to make an argument for one rather than the other approach?

Thanks...