W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-qa-wg@w3.org > August 2005

Draft Minutes of 29 August QAWG Teleconference

From: Tim Boland <frederick.boland@nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:20:25 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.1.5.2.20050829131102.00ad2f08@mailserver.nist.gov>
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

QA Working Group Teleconference
Monday, 29 August 2005

--
Scribe: Tim Boland


Attendees:

(KD) Karl Dubost (W3C, Chair)
(TB) Tim Boland (NIST)
(RK) Richard Kennedy (Boeing)
(PC) Patrick Curran (Sun Microsystems)
(LR) Lynne Rosenthal (NIST)
(LH) Lofton Henderson (CGMO)
(DH) Dominique Hazael-Massieux (W3C)
(MS) Mark Skall (NIST)
(DD) Dimitris Dimitriadis (Ontologicon)


Guest:

(DM) David Marston (IBM)


Regrets:



Summary of New Action Items:


AI-20050829-01  PC to publish updated Test Case Model to WG list by Wednesday
AI-20050829-02  KD to arrange for W3C publication of updated Test Case Model
in W3C TR space by end of week after PC publishes update
AI-20050829-03: PC to check rendering of Conformance Clause Template updates
as they are published
AI-20050829-04: KD to publish revised Conformance Clause Template incorporating
  LH's comments as well as new CSS styling by Tuesday evening
AI-20050829-05: LH to publish updated QA Handbook to WG list by Wednesday.
AI-20050829-06: KD to arrange for W3C publication of the updated QA Handbook as
  a WG note (in TR space?) by Wednesday evening (after LH publishes to WG list)
AI-20050829-07: KD to arrange for W3C publication of the updated Variability
in Specifications document in TR space by Tuesday.




Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2005Aug/0088.html

Previous Minutes: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2005Aug/0067.html






1) ROLL CALL 11AM EDT, MEMBERSHIP


2) ROUTINE BUSINESS:

KD is still processing comments for QAIG rechartering, but hasn't discussed 
with Ian
Jacobs yet; maybe such a discussion will take place this week.  It was felt 
that
the proposed rechartering of QAIG should not be a problem.



3) TEST CASE MODEL:

PC has gotten inputs (RK?) and examples (TB, DM) for this document, and 
feels there
is enough raw material to publish an updated document on Wednesday.  PC 
felt that there
is not a great deal more to be added to the document at this time.
DH asked about a short name for the document; after some discussion, it was 
decided
on a name of test-metadata.  LH asked about publishing in TR space, and the 
decision
was to publish in TR space (as a WG note?).
ACTION ITEM: PC to publish updated document to WG list by Wednesday.
ACTION ITEM; KD to arrange for W3C publication of updated document in W3C 
TR space
by end of week after PC publishes update to WG list.



4) CONFORMANCE CLAUSE TEMPLATE

Two versions of the template were published last week - the last completed 
version
from LH, and KD's version.  The rendering problem with a particular user 
agent is still
  present and of concern.  KD expressed concern about the rendering issue, 
since KD does
  not have this particular user agent installed, so KD would like someone 
to check the
  rendering when updates are created.  PC volunteered to perform such a 
check, since PC
  has this particular user agent installed.  Work is still needed on the 
template.  LH
has sent comments, which KD has reviewed.  The LH comments on Step 3 
indicated that
RFC2119 should be one of the options (not automatically included), and if 
the RFC2119
option is used, then the boilerplate also should be included, so a new list 
of options
was proposed.  KD agreed to try to republish this template with LH's 
comments included.
LH felt it was important to publish as soon as all the examples are complete.
ACTION ITEM: PC to check rendering of Conformance Clause Template updates 
as they are
published (per the user agent issue).
ACTION ITEM:  KD to publish by revised template incorporating LH's comments 
as well as
  new CSS styling by Tuesday evening.



5) QA HANDBOOK

LH sent a table of contents for QA Handbook.  The next step is to republish 
an updated
  document.  LH will publish to the WG list an updated QA Handbook 
including: guidelines,
  good practices index, and light editing for correctness (for example, 
reference to
TestFAQ) by Wednesday.  After LH publishes, KD will arrange for W3C 
publication of the
updated QA Handbook as a WG note (in TR space?).
ACTION ITEM: LH to publish updated QA Handbook to WG list by Wednesday.
ACTION ITEM: KD to arrange for W3C publication of the updated QA Handbook 
as a WG note
(in TR space?) by Wednesday evening (after LH publishes to WG list)


VARIABILITY IN SPECIFICATIONS (extra agenda item)

The graphics in this document have been fixed per comments received.  DH 
felt that this
  document is ready to republish, and KD will pursue republication within W3C.
ACTION ITEM: KD to arrange for W3C publication of the updated Variability
in Specifications document in TR space by Tuesday.



6) QA FRAMEWORK PRIMER

LR and MS have done much work on this primer.  DM sent in comments as 
well.  KD performed
  a minor rewrite of a small part of DM's comments.  It was felt that this 
document is in
  pretty good shape.  KD had two questions as follows: a) KD used an 
"unusual" style sheet,
  so some problems may arise as a result (if such problems occur and KD is 
contacted about
  them, KD will fix them), and b) LR and KD discussed graphics for the 
primer, and are
exploring ideas related to this item; if others have ideas on this topic, 
they are invited
to make their ideas known.  LR indicated that the document renders 
acceptably.  KD indicated
  that the editors list for the document now includes: LH, LR, and MS.  KD 
will try to
investigate answers to two questions mentioned  previously in coming week.



NEXT MEETING

The next teleconference will be held on September 12 (in two weeks) at the 
regular time.
   Discussions will center around:  status of action/work items, the status 
of QAIG rechartering,
  and next steps for the work of the QAIG after the rechartering is 
completed.

NOTE: It was felt that operations should continue consistent with being a WG
until the actual rechartering of the QAIG is completed.




MEETING ADJOURNED.
Received on Monday, 29 August 2005 17:21:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.30 : Monday, 29 August 2005 17:21:37 GMT