Re: Agenda: August 22 2005 QA WG Telconf

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:54:47 -0600
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Cc: "'www-qa-wg@w3.org'" <www-qa-wg@w3.org>

At 10:51 AM 8/22/2005 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:

>Le 2005-08-22 à 09:54, Lofton Henderson a écrit :
>>Could we put the previous version back in place at that URI while
>>we sort out the new version?
>I can if you want. No troubles with that.
>>(Or rather ... maybe the version which I delivered to Karl prior to
>>Dublin, for the restyling work -- that pre-Dublin version had
>>improved alignment with REC SpecGL and had back links to the
>>corresponding REC SpecGL sections.)
>which is the version which is online right now.

SpecGL points to this version:

Right now, that is the new-formatted version (which doesn't work in IE).  I
was suggesting that the version that I mailed to you (but not to the QAWG
list) the week before Dublin ... that is the best version, until we sort
out the IE problem.

>>More.  Aside from the problem of styling in IE,
>Which I will fix today.

Should we also finish a content review before making it the linked public
version?  E.g., the intro material, "About this template", also needs to be
updated for the new format.  (Plus I mentioned that some items like Step 3
looked like some reviewing might be needed.)

>>I think we ought to review the individual sections.  For example
>>(looking at my local desktop copy of the previous template), I
>>think there are some changes to Step 3 that are not purely
>>stylistic.  But I haven't had time for a careful side-by-side
>>review of the corresponding sections yet.
>I changed the reordering. I didn't change the prose of sections.
>Except that I have changed the [Include the usual boilerplate] by the

Okay, I'll look again.

>And the section of descriptive/imperative style is almost the same
>but it needs work.

Yes, that caught my atttention also.