Re: Agenda: August 22 2005 QA WG Telconf

At 04:50 PM 8/18/2005 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:
>[...]
>8.) QA Handbook [7]
>     Lead: Lofton Henderson
>
>     - Detailed Toc - Deadline 22th

I have done a first cut at the detailed TOC (listing the GL & GP):
http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2005/08/QA-handbook-ed-200508xx.html

I have not done any other editing yet.  For example, test-related
references (currently pointing only to wiki) should be revised to reference
the TestFAQ (which didn't exist at last draft).  And I haven't worked yet
on updating (or estimating work) for the Charter Template and the QAPD
Template.

As I read the QAH, and considering the past year's experience, I can think
of little improvements that would make it stylistically better, but not
really substantively different.  IMO, this is not a good use of our (my)
resources now, because of the relatively little attention that QAH gets,
and because applying resources to templates is much more useful.  Therefore
I am resisting "gratuitous" editorial improvement, that doesn't clarify or
update the information.

DOM and Karl should look at the legal/licensing section.  Is it still
correct as it stands?  If not, can you suggest revisions /
corrections?  (All of the licensing stuff was very much in flux at last
editing of this document.)