Re: SpecGL implementation report, first version

Good catch, I'll re-read and correct accordingly.

Thanks,

/Dimitris

On 25 Apr 2005, at 18:07, Karl Dubost wrote:

Le 25 avr. 2005, à 03:56, Dimitris Dimitriadis a écrit :
> Karl's implementation report of xml:id [4], the SISR Conformance
> assessment [5] and my own findings.

My report has been done on XML id, 2004-11-09
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20041122/

> [4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-id/2004Dec/0009

Dimitris, You say "NO" in Requirement 08 for XML:id  with the following
comment:

[[[There are a few "RFC2119:SHOULD" in your specification in the
section 4. Though the conformance section doesn't explain if a
conformant XML Processor have to implement all MUST only or MUST and
SHOULD. This could be also solved by making a Basic Level and a Full
level of Conformance. Or just indicate that the "MUST" MUST be
implemented to be conformant.]]]

Is it done against this version, maybe it solves your answer:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/CR-xml-id-20050208/#conformance

[[[
Conformance to constraints that “must” be assured is mandatory. It is
recommended that applications assure the other constraints as well.
This specification defines no simply optional constraints.
]]]

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***