Re: SVG Tiny 1.2: reviewers guide

On Wednesday, April 20, 2005, 5:18:28 PM, Karl wrote:

KD> Dear Chris,

KD> Thank you for this wonderful email.

KD> Le 16 avr. 2005, à 13:21, Chris Lilley a écrit :
>> The announcement of SVG Tiny 1.2 Last Call was just sent to chairs:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2005AprJun/0017.html

KD> We have seen the announcement and we decided to make a review before
KD> the end of your Last Call. It will take a bit of time, because the Tiny
KD> SVG has a huge specification. ;)

Well, it describes the same language as the previous Last call did
(modulo changes.html) it just describes it in  a standalone manner.

The specification was produced by copying the SVG 1.1 specification,
removing everything that the Tiny 1.2 lcwd said *was not* in the
language, and adding everything from Full 1.2 that the Tiny 1.2 lcwd
said *was* in.

>> I would also like to bring to your attention a new appendix,
>> Conformance to WQ Framework Specification Guidelines
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/qa-ics.html

KD> Yes we have seen that and we are glad to see that the ICS is useful. We
KD> have improved it for the next published version following comments
KD> which have been made previously.

Many thanks. Is that improved version available anywhere?

>> This uses the table from QA Framework: Specification Guidelines, which
>> is a normative reference in SVG Tiny 1.2, and describes the extent to
>> which the requirements and good practices are satisfied. Each 'yes'
>> entry links to the part of the spec which we believe satisfies the
>> individual requirement or best practice. Exceptions are workflow-like
>> good practices, which cannot be linked to.

KD> Yes We have taken into account that. You might be happy by the new
KD> version of the document that will be published very soon.

OK, I look forward to it.

KD> Thank you very much again. And we will contact you again with the
KD> review very soon.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead