Re: [ISSUE] Integrate editorial decisions from June F2F

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:35:40 +0200
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Le mar 21/09/2004 √† 11:15, Dominique Haza√ęl-Massieux a √©crit :
> Glancing quickly through
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Jun/0044.html and
> comparing it with http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040830/ ,
> it appears that most of the decisions we took wrt editorial comments for
> SpecGL haven't been implemented in the text yet; so, one of the issues
> that needs to be solved before going to last call is to actually
> implement them.

Karl mentioned during today teleconf that he couldn't spot what
decisions haven't been incorporated; here are a few examples:

"Decision: remove the 'boilerplate' RFC keywords section (and also from
the normative section)"
but we still have it at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040830/#structure

"* Text inside "good practice" sections should make sense "out of
context" (if extracted into a separate list, for example)"
There a a few good practices that I think aren't very clear when
extracted, e.g.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040830/#need-option-gp
"Determine the need for each option. Make sure there is a real need for
the option." (for instance, using "optional feature" instead of "option"
would help)

"""A1: "Why care" justifications sometimes don't address benefits in
terms that "appeal to" the spec author. Show how their self-interest
will be served by following our recommendations - to say "you will meet
our recommendations" is insufficient."""
still, the "why care" section reads
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040830/#include-conformance-clause-principle
"""A well constructed conformance clause brings most of the benefit of
these QA Specification Guidelines for the least effort. Almost all of
SpecGL's significant advice ‚ÄĒ normative Principles and recommended Good
Practices alike ‚ÄĒ are satisfied with a good conformance clause."""

I haven't made a thorough review of all the editorial decisions; these
ones are the ones I had noticed when I sent my original message.

Dominique Haza√ęl-Massieux - http://www.w3.org/People/Dom/