SpecGL comments: C. Pieces needed to specify conformance

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 13:29:44 -0400
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

more.....

C: Pieces need to specify conformance
Need a better title.  Suggest: Defining and using terminology

1. P Create conformance labels for each part of the conformance model
-What does it mean?
Not very clear what is meant by ‘forms of conformance’.  I think we used
other terms earlier – e.g., flavors, categories.  We need to be consistent.
Suggest: Many specifications define more than one type of conformance,
where each type is applicable to a different class of product.  For
example, a language specification may define 2 conformance types – one for
a parser and another for documents (i.e., content). Associate a
well-defined label for each different type of conformance.