FINAL minutes 17-11-2004 QA WG telcon

From: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris@ontologicon.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:14:02 +0200
To: "'www-qa-wg@w3.org'" <www-qa-wg@w3.org>

QA Working Group Teleconference
Wednesday, 17-Nov-2004
Scribe: Dimitris Dimitriadis

(PC) Patrick Curran (Sun Microsystems)
(DD) Dimitris Dimitriadis (Ontologicon)
(KD) Karl Dubost (W3C, WG chair)
(DH) Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux (W3C)
(LH) Lofton Henderson (CGMO)
(RK) Richard Kennedy (Boeing)
(LR) Lynne Rosenthal (NIST - IG co-chair)
(MS) Mark Skall (NIST)
(TB) Tim Bolland (NIST)

(DM) David Marston (IBM)

Summary of New Action Items:
AI-20041117-1 Karl Write prose for the examples with regard to Web
Ontologies 20041117
AI-20041117-2 Lofton Send a third bullet technique for 2.3.b 20041117

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Nov/0053.html

  Scribe: Richard, Dimitris, Lofton
  Chair: Karl

  1.) roll call 11am EDT, membership

  2.) routine business
    - Teleconf schedule: Conflict for Richard T. Kennedy
Wednesday 11 AM - noon
Weekly or bi-weekly?
(kd) suggestion to start out with every other week, possibly change
(dh) suggest to meet weekly.
resolution: meeting weekly, if nothing to discuss, cancellation of

  3.) QA Framework Specifications publication
	Lead: Karl

(lh) should date be 22 nov?
(dh) yes, QAH is not published at last call, but as a note. Notes don't
have last call
(lh) you recommend not to create distraction by calling QAH last call?
(dh) yes
(TB) changes since last call supposed to not be substantial
(lh) yes
(kd) QAH has been decided to be a note

(lh) accepts the resolution on issue number 7

(kd) proposal to remove the two examples, considering that the
documents are informative, not normative. (5 good practice a)

(kd) 5 Good Practice C: write sample code or tests; do you agree to
remove these things and add them later on if we find use cases, or not?

AI, today, karl to write prose for the examples wrt. web ontologies (5
good practices)

(kd) added some legends to the graphics, put a legend to make it
clearer, is it ok?

(dm) (explaining a bit more his email)
(kd) Discussion going to deep into details about what are modules,
levels and profiles.
(kd) the meaning of the diagram is to show one possible way to organize
the technology; still don't see the objection
(dm) the diagram show a number of modules, defined by the WG. there's a
conformance notion for each module. you had a sentence in the legends
saying that module "e" was not about conformance.
(dh) indeed a bit confusing
(kd) just remove this part of the sentence?
(dm) accepts "module e is an optional module of the technology"
(dh) the idea is just to illustrate some, not all, possible cases
(kd) agreement to remove the ssecond part of the sentence, about module

(dh) issue with 2.3 good practices example
(kd) prose a bit modified this morning
(dh) it's clearer what you mean

(kd) do we keep the examples? yes, we can still review and find better

AI, lofton to send a third bullet technique for 2.3.b, the example to
be kept

	* Need an official agreement of the QA WG to publish
		- QA Handbook
		- QA Specification Guidelines
	* SpecGL: Table of Contents of Specifications Guidelines: who?
(kd) done

	* SpecGL: ICS of Specification Guidelines: who?
(kd) done

	* SpecGL: Diff version of SpecGL: who?
(kd) done

	* SpecGL: Conformance Template: new version?
(kd) do not have a new version, do we need to update the conformance
(lh) qa wg space file needs updating, have an action item to do it,
will be able to do it in two weeks (200411), before that the
conformance template will be provided with a note saying it will be

(kd) anyone opposed to publish SpecGL as last call? No-one object, WG
agrees to publish SpecGL as Last Call document.
(dh) want to make sure people understand the commitment of publishing
this as a last call document
(kd) Thanks go to Lynne, Dom and all others for all work done with

	* QAH: QA Handbook Last minute issues/questions?
(lh) nothing substantive and outstanding, mainly editorial work left to

  3.) QA Other documents update
	Lead: Karl

	* Test Document: Patrick update?
(kd) any update?
(pc) will work on it next week
(dd) please include me in the loop
(rk) can report on test related actions in the groups I participate

	* QAF Primer: Need things to do? Lofton/Dom
		Karl thinks the CSS needs to be polished
(dh) I've made an update of the document, no specific issues to raise,
the document could use more attention

	* Variability in Specification: Dom Update?
(dh) no progress in this document, won't have time to work until mid
december or beginning of january

(kd) Congratulations to the WG for publishing SpecGL, many thanks.

  4.) Adjourn

  5.) Overflow (12-12:30): available.