Re: SpecGL todos (was: IMPORTANT Wednesday (17 November) QA WG telecon Agenda)

Le mer 17/11/2004 à 00:11, Lofton Henderson a écrit :
> >(the official agreement is particularly important for SpecGL, since Last
> >Call Document means that the Working Group as a whole agrees that there
> >is no issue left in the document, said otherwise, Working Group
> >participants lose their rights to raise formal objections)
>
> Is this really true!?

Well, the idea of announcing a last call is to express to other
reviewers: "the document is ready, tell us if you think otherwise"; if
you disagree that the document is ready, then we should not go to last
call; otherwise, agreeing to go to last call means agreeing that the
document is ready.

>   What do you mean by "formal objections"?

A formal objection is one on which there is no consensus found (and
thus, that needs to be reported to the director according to
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/policies.html#WGArchiveMinorityViews )

I don't think you actually lose your rights to raise formal objections,
but there is little chance it will be acted up if you are a participant
to the WG and didn't raise it before Last Call.

>   How does
> that relate to technical issues?

If you have issues now, they need to be solved now; that doesn't mean
you can't raise issues afterwards if you discover them afterwards, but
remember that any substantial issue raised during last call (and
implying a substantive change in the doc) puts us at risk to go back to
another last call.

> In a recent previous message, Karl said "[...if not satisfied...] it up
> after LC".

I guess I disagree; I'd rather delay the publication after the
moratorium rather than rush and publish an un-finished document.

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org