Format for QAF principles

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:51:36 -0500
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

To get us started and to help provide consistency as we write the
principles, here is a proposed format that we can follow.  Realize that all
the items may not apply or be necessary for each and every principle.   I
wasn't able to find Karl's QAF to FAQ to ensure that I captured his ideas -
but I think I have.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Storyboard (story, situation)
Preconditions or assumptions

[PRINCIPLE]
Descriptions
Benefit of applying principle

Examples, more examples
Template and/or tool to implement
[good practices]
[constraints  exemptions, caveats]

Assessment: Have I got it right  how do I know

At a minimum:  we should always have the Principle, description, examples.

Words to remember:
Acknowledging that giving advice is easy and implementing it is hard, we
need to:
- try to find the balance between too much documentation, complexity and
over-simplification.
- remember that stating the obvious is not always obvious

--lynne