Re: Status and some questions about the XKMS CR test suite

Hello Jose,

Patrick, Dimitris, see Q1, Q3, please

Le 25 juin 2004, à 17:59, Jose Kahan a écrit :
> I had contacted you previously[1] on behalf of the XKMS WG. I'm not
> sure if I should send this message to the -wg or the -ig. Please
> feel to forward it to the other list if I got it wrong this time.

Cool :) No that's fine.

> Q1: In XKMS, some of the protocol features are optional. We don't
> know if its usual in the context of these tests to  have
> a previous agreement on which of these features the clients and
> servers must support.
>
> For example, a client can request a server to translate a public key
> certificate from one format to another and it may return a success or
> a failure. This is implementation dependent.  Should we have a previous
> agreement on which public key certificate concertion operations
> we need to support during interop?

I don't have ideas for now about it. It's a very hard and interesting
question. Maybe Patrick or Dimitris could reply to that.

> Q2: Do you have some tools that can provide the infrastructure for
>    building all of this interoperability things?

	We don't have a particular infrastructure made inside the QA WG. the
OWL/RDF WGs have certainly done things. You should contact Sandro or
Jeremy Caroll. I'm pretty sure they have already tremenduous solutions.

> Q3: Could it be possible that someone from your group with experience
>   in this kind of test suites join us in our next teleconf? It could
>   help target our work easier. Our teleconfs happen one tuesday out of
>   two  from 8:30am to 9:30 USA +Pacific Time.
>
>   It could be interesting and it could help us kick-boost our efforts
>   in the right direction.

Yes you are right. The best persons who will have a sharp knowledge of
it would be Dimitris and Patrick. I hope they could have time to
participate to one of our teleconf.

Dimitris, Patrick could you? If not, tell me I'll try to find someone
else.

Many thanks.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***