[SpecGL Draft] D3 Good Practice: Define precisely the extension mechanism

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:48:15 -0400
Cc: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Lynne, and WG.
	(btw Lynne, I will accept all your review work in return ;) )

D.3 Extensibility and Extensions

Previous:
Good Practice:
	State the conditions under which extensions are prohibited. This
doesn't have to be complex, it may be a simple statement (e.g.,
extensions are not allowed). The statement is often associated with the
conformance clause.

Proposal:
Good Practice:
	Define precisely the extension mechanism

The rest of the prose doesn't change for now. There might be few
reorganization of the techniques like:

Remove
	* Is the specification contain a section for extension?
Change
	* Is there a well defined mechanism to create extension?
	by
	* Is there a well defined template to create exension
	My rationale: The mechanism is the whole thing, not only the pattern
like in CSS 3 Syntax: "-vendor-property".

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***