Re: TestGL draft

Comments inline

On 7 Jun 2004, at 17:49, Lofton Henderson wrote:

>  At 12:59 AM 6/5/2004 +0300, Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:
>

> WG,
>
>  As promised during Wednesday's talk with Patrick, Lofton and Dom,
> I've sent the document to Patrick for him to check.
>
>  From the record of that talk,
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Jun/0006.html ,
>
>  [[
>  ** publish before f2f -- Friday 11th June at latest;
>  ** DD/PC send new draft to QAWG:  by Friday 4th June (A.M. Eastern
> time);
>  ** QAWG review/discussion:  Monday, 14th June QAWG telecon.
>  ]]
>
>  I.e., the finished draft was to be circulated to the QAWG by Friday
> morning (EDT).
>
>  Did I miss a message containing the draft?  (I.e., did it get
> anti-spammed here, like some incoming HTML messages do?)

No, I missed the Friday deadline, so the difference is that the draft
only got circulated today. Given some intense work pressure, I proposed
that we look at the draft as is and collect comments for me to
incorporate before the Friday publication.

> Please note that I have limited the work to the following:
>
>  1. No proper layout since I want to gather all feedback and update
> the document before publication, thought I'd do the layout at the same
> time (this includes introductory/concluding sections)
>  2. I've tried to incorporate as much as possible of the old
> operational guidelines. Here I want to note that
>
>  (i) I think TestGL should not consist of that many operational
> guidelines (I realise there is a spillover from the old OpsGL, but I
> think they fit better in QAH)
>
>  You should bring this up as an issue.  By my recollection, we (QAWG)
> actually decided on a specific set of items that were going into this
> section.

On re-reading, I get the feeling that most pointers are
process-specific. I basically want the document to not end up in the
state it was before (February, say) when it was overloaded with process
issues. Let's talk during telcon time.