Re: [SpecGL] D1 Subdividing the spec. (revision)

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:18:35 -0400
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
To: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>

Le 26 juil. 2004, à 14:45, Lynne Rosenthal a écrit :
>  Good Practice: Subdivide the technology to foster implementation
>  Examples:

I wonder if for your examples a drawing could help to understand
visually the concepts. If yes, would you like I give a try for a
drawing.

>  Levels: There are no examples in W3C where levels are defined
> explicitly in a single edition of a specification.  CSS and DOM are
> examples where levels are the result of progressive historical
> development and technology enrichment and are realized in a series of
> specifications.

Yes and it looks like more versionning.

>  Profile/Level combo: SVG Mobile define 3 nested profiles -  Tiny,
> Basic, Full  - which are really 3 levels, each targeted a specific
> hardware communities.

What about WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)? with the three
levels where you add more requirements at each levels.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***