Re: [SpecGL Draft] E. Good Practice: Do a systematic and thorough review.

Le 14 juil. 2004, à 10:37, Lynne Rosenthal a écrit :
> 6 PM 7/13/2004, you wrote:
>> comments which will be have to be answered at best, and that will
>> still be in the final Recommendation
>> document at worse. Catching early the mistakes will decrease the
>> number of comments and so time and resources to handle them.
>
> Not sure what you are trying to get with respect to 'still be in the
> final Recommendation' - since as written, it is the comments that
> would still be in the final Recommendation.

I meant that a mistake (technological, spelling, etc.), which will not
have been detected at all and is finally in the text of the final Rec.
Until someone one day raises his/her hand in the crowd and says
"errr... Excuse me... but here..."

>  How about this:
> 'When a Working Draft is published with incomplete or very raw
> sections, the WG might receive a lot of comments which will have to be
> answered at best or the incomplete text will go unnoticed and appear
> in the final Recommendation at worst.'

Good.

>>         Work Method of RDF/OWL? Jeremy Carrol?
>>         Templating method and review for SpecGL Lite?
> I think we can document our own experience.
> Specification Guidelines: A template was produced to guide SpecGL
> authors, ensuring that each principle and good practice was written
> consistently and addressed the same set of information.  Once a
> principle or good practice was written, the text was circulated to the
> entire WG for comments and at the same time, a specific member of the
> WG was assigned to review the text.  This ensured that at least
> someone in the WG had the reviewing responsibility and it would not
> fall through the cracks.
> Multiple authors produced the Specification Guidelines, following a
> template

Very good.

Merci Beaucoup

W3C Conformance Manager