Re: RDF Core test driven development and QA Test Doc

Le 06 janv. 2004, à 22:07, Jeremy Carroll a écrit :
> I still read the QA docs as obstructive of test driven spec
> development.

still not :)))

> This is a nice summary:
>
>> Agreed for test driven development.
>> * Propose a feature
>
> (also " or consider an issue")
yes you are right.

>> * Make a test
>> * Write the spec
>> * Create a consolidated TS that will help external world.

	QA Framework is on the fourth star. not the second one.

> Test GL:
> >> [[
> >> Checkpoint 1.3. Analyze the structure of the specification,
> partition
> >> it as appropriate, and determine and document the testing approach
> >> be used for the test suite as a whole and for each partition.
> >> [Priority 1]
> >> ]]
>
> This checkpoint defines method - the testing approach is determined as
> a result of analysing the specification.
> That might not be what the QAWG intends but that is what the current
> WD and editors draft both say.

The WG FooML has a test driven Development.

CP 1.3 Answer of the FooML WG.
	-> """We have a test driven development. So the structure of the
specification is already covered by our organization AND therefore the
testing approach is already documented.
	We are conformant."""

QA Folks answer: Bravo!!!

> This problem is made worse by

And not at all, RDF Core and OWL WGs did very well.

> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-qaframe-ops-20030922/guidelines-
> chapter#Ck-TM-plans-in-charter
> [[
> for any Test Materials that it plans to produce or adopt, the WG MUST
> define its commitment level to QA Framework: Test Guidelines -- A, AA,
> or AAA.
> ]]

You would have no problems to comply. :)
You are even better than the QA WG on this point. :)))

Again bravo.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***