Re: Personal review of QAF

From: by way of Lofton Henderson <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:56:52 -0700
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

[QAWG -- 1 of 2 messages from Jeremy, replying to me, about processing of
his issues...]

>We have not initially applied a 3x multiplier to break them out as 23
>comments, however.  Rather, we have broken them out as 8 comments whose
>scope we understand encompasses any and all applicable documents -- esp.
>Ops, Spec, and Test.  This actually facilitates treating them uniformly,
>in my view.

That's fine - I agree it makes more sense to process them as 8 comments not 23.

>That said, there is discussion and proposals for a comprehensive,
>whole-family approach to significant changes to the QAF documents.  The
>acceptance and implementation of some proposed ideas about QAF -- e.g.,
>Intro+Ops becomes a user-friendly "QA Handbook" -- might make some of the
>comments moot about some of the components.  But I think that is also
>easily handled within the 8 vs. 23 approach.
>Would you have any problem with us handling your critical issues this way?

No problem at all - I merely wanted to be clear that when advancing any of
those three documents that these comments applied.

Jeremy