W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-qa-wg@w3.org > February 2004

Draft minutes for 2004-01-26

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 09:42:24 +0100
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Message-Id: <1075711344.1822.158.camel@stratustier>
Sorry for sending these draft minutes so late; please send corrections
by EOB tomorrow (Tue. Feb 3rd)

Dom

QA Working Group Teleconference
Monday, 26-January-2004
--
Scribe: 
(DH) Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux (W3C)

Attendees:
(PC) Patrick Curran (Sun Microsystems)
(dd) Dimitris Dimitriadis (Ontologicon)
(KD) Karl Dubost (W3C, WG co-chair)
(MC) Martin Chamberlain (Microsoft)
(DH) Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux (W3C)
(LH) Lofton Henderson (CGMO - WG co-chair)
(LR) Lynne Rosenthal (NIST - IG co-chair)
(MS) Mark Skall (NIST)

Regrets: 
(SM) Sandra Martinez (NIST)
(AT) Andrew Thackrah (Open Group)
(VV) Vanitha Venkatraman (Sun Microsystems)

Absent: 

Summary of New Action Items: 
AI-20040126-1 DH to finish the Test survey by 2004-01-28
AI-20040126-2 LH to make a 1st pass at sorting issues by 2004-02-10
AI-20040126-3 DH to send a proposed answer to procedural issues by
2004-02-03

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Jan/0067.html
Previous Telcon Minutes:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Jan/0062.html

Minutes: 
1.) Roll call (see above)

2.) Routine business
* New WG Home page
Now includes schedule of upcoming events (teleconferences, deliverables,
etc) at the top of page, for easier access.
http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/
* Technical pleany
Reminder to register (hotel deadline has passed now); Karl, Lofton, Dom
and Patrick are going to be at the TP on Thu and Fri. too.
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/tp2004/


3.)  Brief topics
* Test questionnaire
DH agreed to take an Action Item to send a final proposal for the Test
questionnaire [1] by Wednesday; the goal is to have a final version
agreed by the WG, and have it sent next Monday, so that the WG can work
on the first answers during the TP F2F.
Also, LH reminded that the "Test show & tell" [2] done in the past years
could be usefully used as input to finalize the questionnaire.

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2003Nov/0055.html
2. cf http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2002Oct/0018.html

* TestGL schedule
The goal is to publish a new TR WD before the Technical Plenary, with
known issues identified in the body of the specification. There will be
an issues list available by Feb 1st. MS will help DD and PC to refine
the resolutions of the issues that have been closed in the past
meetings, to help getting the WD out.
There will be another WD published ~ 3 weeks after the Technical
Plenary, with the resolutions of the issues decided duriing the F2F.

4.) WebOnt and JC comments
The QAWG has some sympathy with a number of the main substantive
issues.  We decided that the best way to tackle the large volume of
issues is to give priority attention to those (coordination between
documents, MUST vs SHOULD, specificity vs high-level approach); LH will
prepare a 1st issues list in the upcoming 2 weeks that will then be
dispatched between the WG participants, esp. to those who felt
sympathetic with a given issue (e.g. PC with coordination, MS with MUST
vs SHOULD). The WG is grateful of the detailed review done by the OWL WG
and JJC, although it is likely some of the issues have already been
decided by the WG, or won't be tackled for being late in the review
process.
DH will take care of drafting a proposed answer to the procedural issues
raised by JJC.
The teleconference schedule has been modified to allow more time
discussing the issues before the TP.
-- 
Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux - http://www.w3.org/People/Dom/
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org


Received on Monday, 2 February 2004 03:43:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.30 : Thursday, 9 June 2005 12:13:15 GMT