Re: Test FAQ: draft for discussion

The Test FAQ is targeted to anyone who develops tests or is putting
together a testing effort.  Additional audience include: a) those
developing specifications, so that the specs are written to enable test
development, b) testing services and c) users

The purpose is to provide baseline information regarding what does it mean
to create tests, how to get started, what is involved, etc.  Much of the
FAQ documents what is already the 'norm' or considered good practices.  It
is also envisioned that this would be used by someone new to testing to get
a quick understanding as well as someone experienced in testing as a
'sanity' check.  So, yes, it would support the development of future
testing efforts - but not from the viewpoint of providing explicit
requirements for what must be in a test case or what tests to build, or how
to build a test, etc.

--lynne