Re: [SpecGL Draft] B3 list of normative and non-normative references

Le jeu 19/08/2004 à 21:50, Lynne Rosenthal a écrit :
> Looking at this, I propose that we delete it.  It states the obvious.  It
> presents something that everyone already does.
>
> FYI -Currently it says:
> Make a list of normative and non-normative references
> GP: start now and keep adding to it as you go.

I think Björn raised an important question about normative references
that would be worth adding to SpecGL: when making a normative reference,
you need to see how future versions of the said specification may affect
your own document, and also possibly address the way you "use" the
conformance model of the referred specification; see also our discussion
during July 26 teleconf:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Aug/0066.html

I agree that the current GP is not much useful, though.

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org