Re: [SpecGL] making conformance simple

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:03:15 +0200
To: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Le jeu 19/08/2004 ŗ 13:43, Lynne Rosenthal a ťcrit :
> Thinking about this, I propose that we modify the 2 conditional Principles
> so that regardless of whether you implement the GP, you would implement the
> Principle.  The way to do this is to include in the Principle itself, the
> alternative of not doing the Principle - e.g., skip this principle if you
> don't subdivide.

Agreed.

> Proposal:
> a) If the technology is subdivided, then indicate which subdivisions are
> mandatory for conformance, else skip this Principle.

I like this one; I don't think the "else" is needed, since that's what
you understand why default without it. In other words, I think "If the
technology is subdivided, indicate which subdivisions are mandatory for
conformance" meets our needs and reads well.