Re: [SpecGL Draft] A.1 GP In the conformance clause, define how normative language is expressed.

At 01:28 PM 8/6/2004 -0400, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:

>Reading this and rereading C2, GP1 - I think that we can delete this, they
>are redundant.  In C2, GP1 where it says to tell the reader what style is
>being used, we amend that to say, tell the
>reader and put it in the conformance clause.

This was discussed and done on purpose -- put the most fundamental and
important stuff up front, even if it overlapped stuff further into the
body.  That in turn followed from refining your original outline into draft
text.

It is explained in SpecLite FPWD [1]:
"The scope of content in a good conformance clause overlaps most of the
other remaining topics in these specification guidelines. Possible
repetition notwithstanding, a handful of points -- conformance clause Good
Practices -- are worth mentioning here up front."

I don't mind if we address and change that decision, but I'm concerned that
we're not doing that explicitly, rather we're erasing it with a series of
small editorial steps.

-Lofton.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040602/#conformance-clause