Re: [SpecGL Draft] A.2 Provide the wording for conformance claims.

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:38:56 +0200
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Le jeu 05/08/2004 à 21:31, Karl Dubost a écrit :
> Principle:
> 	Provide the wording for conformance claims.

We decided this should be a GP during our F2F, FWIW:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Jun/0044.html

> Why should I care?
> 	Having a more or less uniform way of claiming conformance for

s/more or less//

> particular usage of the technology will avoid confusion of people who
> are interested by such claims. It can happen in many different context

contexts

> which can be legal for policies and laws, or commercial when selling a
> product.
>

> Techniques:
>
> 1. Identify all variabilities of the specification: class of products,
> modules, profiles, levels, extensions.

I don't think this is needed to provide a conformance claim; you need to
know what's your conformance model is, and what conformance labels
you'll be using though.

> 2. Give all information identifying uniquely the specification: name,
> versioning, date.
> 3. Write the wording of your conformance claims including this
> information:
> 	‚ÄĘ 	the specification name,
> 	‚ÄĘ 	the specification version,
> 	‚ÄĘ 	the degree of conformance satisfied,

s/degree of conformance/conformance label/

> 	‚ÄĘ 	information about the subject which is claiming conformance,

Spec authors can't do that, since that's only relevant for people
actually claiming conformance to the spec; I guess this should be
reworded to say that the conformance claim should have a placeholder to
include information about the subject of conformance.

> 	‚ÄĘ 	the date of the claim.

(idem)

Dominique Haza√ęl-Massieux - http://www.w3.org/People/Dom/