Re: Profiles, Modules, Levels

Hi Lynne,

Le jeu 08/07/2004 à 17:05, Lynne Rosenthal a écrit :
> Is it possible to extract the section (2.3) called Profiles, Modules,
> Levels from the old SpecGL document.  I just reread it and believe that not
> only is this good information, but it can exist on its own.

I've just started to look at making this section a separate Technical
Report, but as it stands, it looks a bit short to make a proper note
from it. Although there is no requirement that a document must be long
to be published, I wonder if we should revisit our decision to make it a
Working Group Note, and instead, to make a simple article in QA/WG space
out of it.
Or maybe we could group it with our white paper on dimensions of
variability?

I think it's worth discussing this on the mailing list, although the
final decision should probably be made at the next teleconf (that I
won't attend, FWIW); Karl, could you add this topic in the agenda?

Thanks,

Dom

> The only minor editing that I think it needs is:
> 1st paragraph - deleted 'dimensions of variability'
> 5th paragraph ('Specifications may define individual profiles....), midway
> down.
> s/standard/specification
>
> I'm starting to think about and write the section D1 subdivide.
>
> regards
> Lynne
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org