LC-29.5: clarify this extensibility resolution?

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:05:16 -0600
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

Lynne (or anyone) --

I'm updating lc-issues to incorporate some missed SpecGL resolutions and
closures.  I have a question about LC-29.5 [1].  At the 20030505 telecon
[2] we resolved not to change the text of GL9 to talk about "useful" forms
of extensibility, but to leave that discussion for SpecET.

Lynne's processing plan proposal for 29.5 [3] had a 2nd part, which
was:  "Add CP to require specs to specify how an implementation should
handle extensions it doesn't understand  e.g., ignore and continue."  There
was some email discussion after the processing plan, and I remember we
discussed it (e.g., the problem of what's an unknown extension, versus
what's erroneous or corrupted content).  But I can't find any record of
resolution, nor can I remember it.

Anyone remember what we decided?

-Lofton.

[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/lc-issues#x29