Question about proposed CP8.4 [resend]

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 10:41:02 -0600
To: Dimitris Dimitriadis <dimitris@ontologicon.com>, dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, "Kirill Gavrylyuk" <kirillg@microsoft.com>, Andrew Thackrah <andrew@opengroup.org>, sandra Martinez <sandra.martinez@nist.gov>, Mark Skall <mark.skall@nist.gov>, Peter Fawcett <pfawcett@real.com>, Patrick Curran <Patrick.Curran@sun.com>, karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>, Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>, david_marston@us.ibm.com, lofton henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>, olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org

[A comment for 8.4 discussion for Monday...]

About the proposed rewrite of CP8.4:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2003Apr/0030.html

Previously, it was about "discretionary choices", and purposely -- we had
particular "choice" scenarios in mind.  Now it is about "discretionary
items" (choices, plus optionality, plus impl-dependent behaviors).  This
seems to go a bit beyond clarification.  The change is not mentioned in the
A-F rationales before the draft new text.

Is this intentional, or a slip?

(Ed note to SpecGL editors:  I think I pointed out that 'items' is
erroneously used in ConfReq of 8.3, while the CP is about 'choices'.)

Regards,
-Lofton.