Ideas for TTF deliverables (Was: Draft Minutes from Friday PM)

From: David Marston/Cambridge/IBM <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:53:04 -0500
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

Peter Fawcett wrote in the minutes:
>...- List of possible deliverables for TTF. (from lofton with some
>     additions from others, largely from out reach sessions )
>  - Binary serialized infoset and comparator. (tool)

I run into this area of need constantly. More generally:
Comparitor for XML at the InfoSet level
Comparitor for HTML
Comparitor for XHTML at the level that UA looks/acts different
Comparitor for XML where scope of namespace decls on the test
   result may be equal to or broader than corresponding scope
   on the reference result (i.e., decl is in effect when needed)

Since these tools get to the heart of conformance, they need to be
open-source, vendor-neutral, and beyond reproach.
.................David Marston