Re: CSS Mockup for QA Guidelines

At 10:35 -0600 2003-06-24, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>At 04:48 PM 6/23/03 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:
>
>>http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2003/06/qa-spec-mockup.html

I have modified a little bit the stylesheet and added the example of
Markup to make it even easier to use.

>Great!  The markup is easy to read.  A couple of small questions:
>
>1.)  You based your mock-up markup on the LC OpsGL [1], and have a
>"Note" class.
>
>That particular "Note" in OpsGL has become "Related checkpoints" in
>CP3.2 in the current editor's draft [2].  In fact, OpsGL now has 10
>CPs with "Related checkpoints", as a result of adding clarifications
>requested during Last Call.

It's not a problem. I have explained it the Mockup document if you
want to create a new class with a new category. The Style is not
dependant on the name of the class but on the structure level except
for TA which has a different backgroung color.

So use the class you need, I wanted to be easy for the editors :)

>2.) For the next question, let me illustrate with a source example
>from the mockup:

[...snip...]

>added by an XSLT transformation step before publication.  So in
>theory, that transformation could key on the markup,
>"class='Rationale'", to add the "<h6>Rationale<h6>" during the
>transformation.  I.e., editors would only need the markup, and
>wouldn't have to put the <h6>Rationale<h6> into the Master text.

yes it's a good idea. Minimize the effort of Editors and if we do it
really simple we will be able to share it with other people outside
QA.

>Does anyone have any opinions, one way or the other, about the best
>way?  I.e., editors add the markup, versus add it to the XSLT
>transformation?

XSLT I would vote. it leads to a more consistent way of writing your
code and so less possible mistake.
--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/