Clarification requested on usage of RFC 2119 Keywords

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 14:24:37 +0200
To: ijacobs@w3.org, www-qa-wg@w3.org
Hello Ian,

As we were discussing some of the issues you raised during our Last Call
period of the Specifications Guidelines, we were wondering if you could
explain us in which circumstances and for what reason you think it can
be better not to use RFC 2119 keywords to indicate conformance
requirements in a specification.

For instance, in UAAG10, you apparently chose to use imperative verbs as
an equivalent to MUST; as we're trying to clarify our checkpoints on
conformance requirements, getting a better understanding on this would
be really helpful for us.

Thanks,