Fwd: Cc/pp S&V conformance section

We were asked to comment on the CC/PP conformance section, explicitly the
section on cnsumer conformance. Here is my proposed text.  If anyone has
any comments, additions, edits on my text (below) or the CC/PP, please send
it to me so I can consolidate and send it.  Deadline is July 13.

Thanks Lynne
My proposed comments:

Thank you for the opportunity to comment on your conformance section and
CC/PP document.

Adding the classes of products for CC/PP helped to focus the
requirements.  Developers in my organization found it helpful in allowing
them to concentrate on the relevant areas of the specification and helped
ensure that they didn't miss a requirement.

Comments on 5.4 CC/PP Consumer Conformance.

 >We defined a test suite in which we defined a set of features to test on
 >different consumer implementations to check the interoperability.
 >For each test, we are providing valid and invalid profiles to illustrate
 >it. However, we are not sure at all that an implementation passing all
these tests
 >could be considered conformant to the spec and say so.  Indeed that just a
 >small set of tests to test interoperability and not to make an
 >extensive check of implementation capabilities and conformance. So we
 >have quite trouble defining the conformance criteria for the consumer.

Conformance tests are never exhaustive, so you can never test
everything.  It is especially difficult to define tests for
consumers.  That is why the Specification Guidelines checkpoint 11.3,
requires a conformance disclaimer.

A difficult section to write, since the statements are somewhat circular,
that is, they depend on one another.  The key is to describe what is
required for a conformant consumer.  Keep in mind that it isn't always easy
or possible to test for conformance, but that it should be clear to the
developer what the implementation must be able to do.

1. What is meant by 'extracts appropriate information'.  Since
'appropriate' is vague and subjective, can this be made more specific?

2. It may be clearer to be more explicit regarding a consumer's support (or
non support) for Appendix B.  If I understand correctly, support for the
RDF Schema is mandatory for validating consumers.

3. Editorial:  Change 'all' to 'any' in non-validating: A consumer is a
CC/PP conformant non-validating consumer when it does not reject all
non-conformant CC/PP documents.

4. Comments on 5.5.2 Well-formed.
Add to the list of information to be included in a claim, the name
(identify) of the implementation to which the claim is being made. Also, a
version, date, or other identifier should be included to uniquely identify
the implementation.