Re: Last call - form

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:25:28 +0900
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

On Tuesday, Jan 28, 2003, at 00:16 Asia/Tokyo, Lofton Henderson wrote:
> What should we do about "QA Framework:  Introduction"?  On the one
> hand, it is ready to go to LC also.  On the other hand ... it has been
> in the back of my mind for a while, that it is a little different from
> the GL -- it has no conformance requirements (so ... should it be
> "Note" instead of "WD"?)

I guess it would be decent to publish it as a NOTE, but we can keep it
as a WD until we're happy with it. I don't think there's any rule
against doing a last call WD and the proceeding to a NOTE. So, if we
want comments on the intro...

> Whether we eventually address the latter or not, I suggest that the
> Intro needs to be published concurrently with the GL documents.  We
> can either add a form with it, or lump it together with another GL
> document, or informally ask for feedback on it (without a form).

Setting a form for it wouldn't be a problem. I'd be in favor to publish
it at the same time, but as a standalone doc.

> There is a field, "This comment applies to:", which apparently
> contains TOC entries (yes?  or is it intended to contain CPx.y
> statements?  or both?).

That's an interesting, and open, question. It boils down to "what do we
want comments on"? The document, section by section, or the guidelines,
checkpoint by checkpoint. I suggest we choose either one way or
another, but not both.

> To clarify then -- this means that someone who wants to make 28
> comments about SpecGL, for example, needs to initiate the form 28
> times?  Or ... could we accept an aggregate submission and then we
> assign a WG/IG member to hit the form 28 times?

The form makes it easy to send many comments one after the other (you
can test... once it's finished sending one, it auto-fills fields and is
ready for another commnent). But nothing prevents people from sending
comments about the "overall document" and raise several issues.

> Do you mean the TOC?  Or TOC + listing of all GL/CP (1-line version,
> sort of like checklists).

See above. Either one or the other IMHO.

>>>         - to know whether we will use www-qa as the list for LC
>>> public comments
> I suggest "yes".

Sounds good. Might be prudent to check if it's OK with the process.

--
Olivier