Re: Minutes QA WG F2F 20030107, afternoon [FINAL]

At 06:36 AM 1/17/03 +0100, Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:
>[...]
>Having received no comments on these minutes, they should be considered final

(...except once Olivier assembles them all together, he has typically been
offering them the consolidated minutes for review/comment.)

I do have a question and would like clarification (anyone?) on an apparent
action item of mine...

>[...]Summary of New Action Items:
>Action item on Lofton to provide new checkpoint for Testable Assertions
>Action item: Editors must reread the document and introduce consistent
>useage of "strict conformance"
>Action item on editors to check that each DoV has a checkpoint about
>relationship with other DoV
>
>[...]
>(LH) should we create a new checkpoint for TA? Change "to fulfil" into
>"conformance requirements". Change the title of guideline 13 into
>something like "identify all conformance criteria".
>
>(all) agreed.
>
>Action item on Lofton to do so.

What was recorded in the AI list (and already done by me, on 20020112) is:

"AI-20030107-5 Lofton Change the title of guideline 13 into something like
"identify all conformance criteria" 2003-01-10"

I need help remembering about "new checkpoint for Testable Assertions"
(note, "test" not "testable").  Can someone refresh my memory, what  this
was about?

One thing I do remember.  There was discussion of David's proposal
[1]  (unresolved, prior to Seattle) that GL3 needed a catch-all ckpt that
requires explicit statement of any miscellaneous conformance rules or rules
of interpretation that WGs might be (implicitly) using:  "If any general
rules of interpretation are intended, they must be stated explicitly."

I remember noting that if we recast GL13 as suggested (in AI-20030107-5),
then such a checkpoint as David suggested might naturally fit as a new
CP13.5.  (We did agree to the GL13 revision, but I don't remember what we
did about David's suggested checkpoint and the idea of adding it to the
reshaped GL13.)

Is this what we are talking about?

-Lofton.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2002Nov/0016.html