Re: SpecGL: rewrite of Strict Conformance

Yes.  It should be "i.e., no extensions".   I was a bit sloppy, when I
first sent this out.   So it should now read.....

Disallowing extensions for any part of the specification is called strict
conformance.  Strict conformance is defined as conformance of an
implementation that employs only the requirements and/or functionality
defined in the specification and no more (i.e., no extensions to the
specification are implemented).

I would like to keep this simple. Basically strict conformance = no
extensions.
If people think there is still confusion we could add the following with
respect to DoV
"Dimensions of variability (e.g., modules, profiles, levels) are not
extensions if the specification defines them or allows them to be defined."

My preference is not to add anything about DoV - I think that is what is
adding to the confusion.  IMO the confusion in Seattle and the issue, was
because the text in GL3 was confusing, introduced confusion by talking
about DoV and was using the definition of strict conformance erroneously in
places.

lynne