rationale for SpecGL ckpt 2.1

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:39:46 -0500
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

As part of my assignments from monday's Telecon (13 Jan), I was to write a
rationale for Ckpt 2.1.  This was in response to AR-009 comment - that is,
the rationale would indicate why we think this ckpt is important and don't
want to remove it.

Suggested text:

Rationale: doing so helps define the scope of the specification.  It also
helps the reader know what is being targeted by the specification (i.e.,
what needs to conform to the specification).