Re: AI-20021010-02 done - Comm Team

At 03:12 PM 1/13/03 -0500, Karl Dubost wrote:

>Action Item:
>
>asks to Janet if it (CFP for test task force)
>possible and how to do it and write a Call For
>Participation (include Dimitris in the loop)

>After discussion with Janet, there's no process at W3C to create a call
>for participation for creating a Test Task Force. The rationale is that a
>Task Force is created inside an already existing WG and defines just an
>internal process of the WG to deal with a specific action.
>
>Said that, Janet, as Head of Comm Team, noticed we have done a huge work
>inside the QA WG with regards to the resources we have and acknowledged
>that it would be more beneficial for us to get more members participating
>to the QA WG. To help in this business, she has proposed to give more
>publicity to the QA WG in the next Member newsletter, presenting what we
>have done and the things we need to continue.
>
>I will work with Susan Lesch on this item for the newsletter.

I would be happy to help, as a reviewer or whatever.

>There is also a possibility to advertise a bit the AC Members directly on
>their mailing list, but only Janet can do that.
>
>The charter for this news TTF has been drafted and is available at
><URL:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2003Jan/att-0007/01-QAWGTTF.html>

I would suggest that we not point to this document (a 1st rough draft).  We
agreed to changes at Seattle that will improve the focus, specificity, and
tone.  Dimitris is going to incorporate the changes  The item is not yet in
the AI list, but see 8-jan PM draft minutes [1].  The apparent due date is
29 January.

Dimitris, would you be able to have the new draft earlier, if the topic
were to be referenced in the Member newsletter?

Cheers,
-Lofton.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2003Jan/0026.html