W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-qa-wg@w3.org > January 2003

Draft minutes of Tuesday 7 January F2F morning

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 07 Jan 2003 22:49:28 -0800
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Message-Id: <1042008569.7677.12.camel@cirrustier>
QA Working Group F2F 
Tuesday, 7 January 2003 Morning

--
Scribe: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux

Attendees:
(dd) Dimitris Dimitriadis (Ontologicon)
(KD) Karl Dubost (W3C, WG co-chair)
(PF) Peter Fawcett (RealNetworks)
(KG) Kirill Gavrylyuk (Microsoft)
(DH) Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux (W3C - Webmaster)
(LH) Lofton Henderson (CGMO - WG co-chair)
(LR) Lynne Rosenthal (NIST - IG co-chair)
(MS) Mark Skall (NIST)

Regrets: 
(JR) JohnRobert Gardner (Sun)
(SM) Sandra Martinez (NIST)
(AT) Andrew Thackrah (Open Group)

Summary of New Action Items: 
. KG to counter-argument to Joseph about the need for scope of use
restrictions in license for distributed TM; deadline 2003-01-10
. AI to Dom and Lofton, deadline 2003-02-10 (LC publication); the ICS
becomes the one sorted by priority
. AI Lynne to see if it makes sense to link the certification Note from
the Intro, deadline on 2003-01-10
. AI Lofton to check for history of CP 3.2 in OpsGL for 2003-01-08

Agenda: http://www.w3.org/QA/2003/01/agenda-detail

Minutes: 

****************************
Fast pass through AI
2002-1218-2 Done
2002-1216-4 Probably done, to be verified; tentative deadline 2003-01-10
AI-2002-1209-1 Done
AI-2002-1209-4 Done
AI-20021118-4 Not done, deadline 2003-01-08
AI-20021118-6 Not done, deadline 2003-01-08
AI-20021104-5 Done
A-2002-10-28-1 to be checked; Peter to give Dom the text to be inserted
in the definition section; deadline 2003-01-10
A-2002-10-21-1 Partly done; closed this AI and opened a new one
AI-2002-10-16-2 done
AI-20021008-05 Not done, deadline 2003-01-22
AI-20021008-06 Not done, deadline 2003-02-17
AI-20021008-07 Done
AI-20021008-08 Done, deadline to send a summary to WG 2003-01-09
AI-20021008-10 Not done, deadline 2003-01-17
AI-20021009-01 Done
AI-20021009-02 Done
AI-20021009-03 Not done, deadline 2003-02-10
AI-20021009-04 Done
AI-20021009-06 Not done, deadline 2003-02-10
AI-20021010-01 Done
AI-20021010-02 Will be discussed tomorrow
AI-20021010-04 Not done, will be discussed next
AI-20021010-05 Dropped 
AI-2002-0918-5 Superseded by a new AI set yesterday 
A-20020807-3 Not finished, deadline 2003-01-13
A-2002-07-10-3 Done
A-2002-07-03-2 Dropped
A-2002-07-03-4 Done 
A-2002-07-03-5 Done 
A-2002-06-14-08 Superseded
A-2002-06-14-05 Not done, deadline 2003-01-17
A-2002-05-30-3 Not done, deadline 2003-02-17
A-2002-04-04-6 Done
A-2002-03-08-4 (ref to OpsGL 2.3) Dropped
A-2002-03-1-4 Superseded by the QA Outreach kit
A-2002-03-1-9 Dropped (taken by Peter later on)
A-2002-01-08- Dropped
A-2001-11-12-4 Deadline 2003-03-15

New AI:
KG to counter-argument to Joseph about the need for scope of use
restrictions in license for distributed TM; deadline 2003-01-10

Date for LC ends changed to March 14
Date for TestGL changed to March 10

Reviews of the reviews matrix:
- techniques assesments are re-schedulded for 2003-01-27
- all the SpecGL and OpsGL reviews moved to 2003-02-15

****************************
OpsGL/ET issues:
-  Remove Ch.3, per Tokyo discussion, given QAWGPD? -> decided yesterday
-  fate of sections 1.3 & 1.4: dropping 1.3; 1.4 stays
- issues resolution:
> 111: #2 (drop it, it may alien more than help)
> 49: Preferred resolution: "Use doc license if possible, software or
W3C approved custom license if necessary" ; propose TM license as an
example of license with scope of use restrictions; final resolution
still pending discussion between Kirill and Joseph
> 59: Resolved to add a link in the discussion to W3C-wide contribution
license
> 101: closed since there doesn't seem to be an obvious reason to move
to this new scheme
> resolved to create a new checklist ordered by priority -> AI to Dom
and Lofton, deadline 2003-02-10 (LC publication); the ICS becomes the
one sorted by priority
> 50: originator to be changed to AT; resolved as it is adequately
handled by the existing distribution licenses;
> 43: resolution: it doesn't relate to the framework;
AI Lynne to see if it makes sense to link the certification Note from
the Intro, deadline on 2003-01-10
> 32: resolution: we don't want to do it; out of scope
> 15: resolution: this is certification's business, out of scope for the
framework; in OpsGL, 6.4 already prevents from abuse of conformance
claims based on test materials
> 13: does not belong to OpsGL; SpecGL and TestGL are more relevant;
SpecGL handles it with acknowdleging specs as class of products and with
CP 10.3; -> recast for TestGL (needs to see if there is a need for a new
item in the taxonomy for multiple standards test suite)
> 39: originator to be changed to Mark; going through keywords different
from MUST:
  - 3.2 uses SHOULD, but Lofton needs to look at the history to
understand
    => AI Lofton to check for history of CP 3.2 in OpsGL for 2003-01-08
  - 2.3 uses MAY, we leaves it as is because MUST apply for new and MAY
apply for existing
  - 6.5 uses MAY, was already discussed
  - Section 4.2 Extensibility uses MAY and makes it so well


-- 
Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux - http://www.w3.org/People/Dom/
W3C/INRIA
mailto:dom@w3.org

Received on Wednesday, 8 January 2003 01:54:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 + w3c-0.30 : Thursday, 9 June 2005 12:13:12 GMT