Re: profiles/modules/levels -- 1 of 2

From: <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:40:15 -0400
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

DHM>...I'm of course all for a consistent usage of denominations by the
DHM>specifications, and I would not want to see the term profile used
DHM>where the term level is currently used. But the fact that this
DHM>different terminology is useful shouldn't hide
DHM>the fact that levels are just one kind of profile!

I am not willing to accept that "fact" about levels. DOM and SVG levels
seem to be about features, without reference to particular hardware or
other target hosts. If XQuery continues with its levels, they will not
be aligned with profile-like targets. In addition, there could be levels
of a profile. My point of view shows once again why levels should stand
as a separate Dimension of Variability.
.................David Marston