Re: definition of Class of Product

At 8:24 -0600 2003-04-22, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>There are aspects of each definition -- Lynne's and David's -- that
>I like.  Lynne's is pleasingly brief, but I think the characteristic
>that defines the "group of products" is too imprecise.  "..that
>would implement the specification" doesn't really suggest what puts
>them in the same group.

Why I like the definitions of Lynne.

because it's compact. Some people run away of our QA Framework, for
two reasons, I guess.
The first one is that we are often too verbose, the second one
because our language is not very pleasant (boring to read).

======================
Class of Product:

	The generic name for the group of products that would
implement, for the same purposes, the specification, i.e., target of
the specification. The class of product is the object of the
conformance claim.

	Example: A class of product of the XHTML Modularization
Specification can be "authoring tools". Another class of product can
be a W3C Specification using the XHTML Modularization modules.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---