Profile/level (was Draft Minutes of 14-April-2003 Teleconference -- 2nd)

Le ven 18/04/2003 à 02:16, Lofton Henderson a écrit :
> At 09:46 AM 4/16/03 -0400, Mark Skall wrote:
> >[...]
> >DH: Profiles and levels are the same thing.
> >
> >LH: Disagree.  They are different but profiles can be levels.
>
> Oops, if that's what I said, then I mis-spoke.  It is backwards.  Should
> be:  "Levels can be profiles.  Every levelled specification could be
> written as profiles, but the converse is not true."

FWIW, that's what I meant also by saying they are the same thing -
namely, I don't think there is any benefit from distinguishing levels
from profiles, since levels can easily be seen as profiles, and the only
CP in the levels GL is one which is already present in the profiles GL.

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org