Re: deprecation issues

From: <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:50:18 -0400
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

LH>40 -- the first sentence of GL7 is "A deprecated feature is an
LH>existing feature that has been outdated by newer constructs or is no
LH>longer viable." I think it is our intention that this encompass
LH>"obsolete".

But do you mean "obsolete" in the same way that Ian meant the word
when he wrote, as part of issue 40, "E.g., HTML 4.0 obsoleted a few
elements."? I think we know the difference between a deprecated
feature and a removed feature, and GL 7 is only about the former,
but do we agree whether "obsolete" means deprecated or removed?
.................David Marston