Re: deprecation issues

From: <david_marston@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:50:18 -0400
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org

LH>40 -- the first sentence of GL7 is "A deprecated feature is an
LH>existing feature that has been outdated by newer constructs or is no
LH>longer viable." I think it is our intention that this encompass

But do you mean "obsolete" in the same way that Ian meant the word
when he wrote, as part of issue 40, "E.g., HTML 4.0 obsoleted a few
elements."? I think we know the difference between a deprecated
feature and a removed feature, and GL 7 is only about the former,
but do we agree whether "obsolete" means deprecated or removed?
.................David Marston