Re: Draft minutes QA WG Telecon 2002-10-02

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 09:30:18 -0600
To: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org

Good minutes, thanks Dom.  A couple of small comments...

At 04:42 PM 10/3/02 +0200, Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux wrote:
>Please send complements and corrections before Wednesday next week.
>
>[...]
>
>Absent:
>(PF) Peter Fawcett (RealNetworks)
>(AT) Andrew Thackrah (Open Group)
>(JM) Jack Morrison (Sun)

Jack sent his regrets to me, just before the meeting.  Sorry for not making
that clear.

>[...]
>Tokyo's agenda
>Since a new and possibly big agenda item has been proposed on the WG's
>future, the question of where to put it in the agenda arises.
>Lofton thinks that this item is important enough to remove some other
>items, maybe some part of test GL or some demos. Dimitris would rather
>not make his demos than not work on Test GL.

Perhaps I misunderstood -- correct me if I'm wrong, Dimitris -- but I
thought Dimitris' comment was more about the TA markup topic
(incl.  questionnaire results and possible follow up), and the Test Task
Team (Test sub-group) topic.  As opposed to the TestGL topic, which is to
review and discuss issues on the expected (Monday) new TestGL draft.

>Lofton stresses that demos
>are an important part of the meeting, since they are at the core of our
>substantial work, but agrees that we might cut some of them.

To be more specific, I consider the test-materials demos to be the first
bit of substantive work -- as opposed to proposal and planning -- for
potential Test task team projects.  They should provide us with an
orientation, foundation, and help establish common understanding and
vocabulary for test materials work.

Regards,