About new Process Document and Errata

QAWG --

We were unable to coordinate and submit a consensus QAWG position on the
new Errata Proposal.  However three of us submitted individual
comments.  Comments from David, Lofton, Kirill respectively can be found at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/process-issues/2002Oct/0003.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/process-issues/2002Oct/0004.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/process-issues/2002Oct/0005.html

As mentioned in below-attached earlier message, the comments were too late
to influence the draft of the errata bits of the new Last Call draft of the
Process Document.

I am going to submit comments as an individual.  If anyone feels strongly
that QAWG should take a position (last time, few cared about the subject),
speak up.

IMO, there should be a lightweight, but *normative*, errata process.  I.e.,
the only way that errata can be normative now (as currently proposed) is to
fold them into the Technical Report and republish the whole thing.

I think there could be an optional lightweight process:

1.) review/approval as now proposed -- 3 week last call on WG-approved
errata, w/ resolution of any objections;

2.) publish W3C-approved errata in /TR/, with "Latest Version", "This
Version", "Previous Version" sort of control;

3.) add to SoTD a link to "Normative Errata", along with the current
required link to the WG's errata list (which is either unapproved or
WG-approved, but not W3C approved).

(Any thoughts or comments on this?)

-Lofton.