Using IRC during our teleconf

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 21:03:06 +0100
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
Hi all,

I don't know if you are aware that there is a #qa channel on the irc
server irc://irc.w3.org:6665 where usually Olivier, Karl and I hang
around during the teleconf.

Having an irc channel during a meeting has proven to be very useful:
- to take minutes in front of other eyes (can ask for
help/repeatition/...)
- to catch up in a discussion when you're lost
- to copy and paste URIs to the attendees
- many other things.

Plus, as some of you may have seen during the Tech Plenary, we have now
a very useful IRC robot (called Zakim) which greatly helps to check
who's on the call, who wants to be on the speacker queue, what's on the
agenda.

W3C's Webmaster