Operational Framewk: Checkpoint 5.1

From: Lynne Rosenthal <lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:45:34 -0500
To: www-qa-wg@w3.org
It isn't clear to me why Checkpoint 5.1 explicitly mentions "reusable by
accredited third parties for testing purposes"  As the first checkpoint in
Guideline 5, I think this part of the checkpoint is misleading and
misplaced.  Test materials may never be used by accredited third parties
(i.e., CSS validator, many of the WAI Tools - bobby).  Why imply that
limitation.  Test materials are useful to developers as them build their
implementations and individuals checking out their content or ability of
their broswer and tools.

I suggest removing that part of the checkpoint.

--lynne