Re: Status of [X]HTML test suite?

At 01:56 PM 6/26/02 -0400, Karl Dubost wrote:

>[...]
>The problem is that I will give links here which are right now accessible
>only to members before the charter is released. So it may add frustration
>for public outside.

Actually, some groups even have non-public charters, after "release", don't
they?  Is HTML one of these?

>The new HTML WG Charter
>         http://www.w3.org/2002/05/html/charter (Members only)
>The answers to the received comments including QA
>         http://www.w3.org/2002/05/html/issues (Team only)
>
>The access to this kind of document is an interesting problem for the
>intended review :)
>
>In the interesting answers there were
>
>About Test Suites.
>  Q: Test suites "preferably before candidate recommendation" - not sure
>   that this is not yet a MUST
>  A: It's not a MUST according to the current Process Document.
>
>Which tend to confirm that there's a need for modification of the Process
>Document if we want to enforce it as Dimitris has suggested.

Note that I updated Issues #16 and #71,

http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/qawg-issues-html.html#x16
http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/qawg-issues-html.html#x71

per Montreal and Dom's proposal.  So (#71) we endorsed the manditoriness,
but didn't yet define the mechanism.  Dom mentioned for Ops GL maybe an
addendum to Process Document, and for Spec GL maybe a requirement in
pubrules.  But we haven't yet endorsed a specific strategy to achieve the
manditoriness.  So #16 still says, "For now, QAWG will not propose any
changes [to Process Document]."

>About QA Section in the charter.
>The HTML WG had decided to not hardcode in their charter a process which
>is still half-cooked on our side (QA WG). It's why there's no precise
>answers right now to the guidelines :)

Half-cooked?  For Ops GL, I think we must be at least "80%-cooked" by now!